January 01, 2014

2014

Of course I had to come up with that blog title. 
2013 is gone in a blink of an eye and here we are 11 months to A levels.
Nope I didn't find out myself but was reminded by someone instead in case you were thinking I'm really serious into studies and all.
And really, I genuinely wished I gave more heck about my studies.

Ok back to point. 
Blogging now 2 hours into 2014 means I'm in serious business of self-reflection.
The November-December holidays were quite fulfilling in terms of enlightenment, but should really have been a lot more of sense of achievement from smooth revision of schoolwork and still remembering and knowing things.
Maybe I'm dumb to only realise this holiday that the problem with me is that I don't prioritize, or rather prioritize the wrong things.
Thinking back, I spent time volunteering, OBS, rehearsing and performing for a band concert, traveling overseas and a bit of catching up with some friends. 
And although I felt enlightened, I'm not sure whether it's enough to energize me for this whole year.
That was what I prioritized during this holiday although I told myself that I'm going to study enough too, but obviously I ended up not doing so.
I guess it all boils down to the decisions that I make.
I should start prioritizing the right way and cut down on commitment to certain things. 
I wouldn't like to think that failing to prioritize and having too much commitment was the reason why I didn't do well in secondary school but now I see that it's true. 
And I know it's really time to change that because I'm going to be 18 soon and I need to make sure I see myself through A levels and university (that is if I even do well enough).
I can say that I will try to prioritize my studies for this whole year but I know I'm probably going to be distracted by certain things along the way and lose my focus. 
Definitely, it won't be an enjoyable year but it will be one that will put me to the test, to determine whether I'm capable of positive change. 
And if I don't I only disappoint myself.
So we'll see how that goes. 

This is not just like any typical "new year resolution" post (I mean it is) to me but more of a reminder for me to change my ways when I decide to come back to read my blog posts again soon in future. 

And right now I'm only hoping for a constant drive to keep me going the next 11 months ---- after this shit I'll have a good 9(?) months' break 😊

No comments: