June 16, 2012

TOE-MAY-TOES

Yes so at this unholy hour (maybe not so but it seem rather because of what I'm blogging about) I'm going to blog about tomatoes!
Interesting?
Because everyone loves tomatoes!
Well not really. After today I realized I don't actually like tomatoes that much either, after You told me You don't like tomatoes over dinner HAHAHAHA.

So other than the argument that tomatoes have stirred regarding whether it is a fruit or a vegetable, it has also caused some confusion about its effects in terms of health effects.
According to my knowledge, tomato is a vegetable that contains Solanine, which is a calcium inhibitor. In other words, it is a growth inhibitor. GROWTH INHIBITOR GUYS. Not good if you're planning to hit over 6, 7 feet. Or maybe if it's too late for you (like so for me) YOU CAN BLAME IT ALL ON TOMATOES haha okay no it's in the genes. But. You get my point. TOMATOES ARE BAD.

So I went to researched a bit on tomatoes. According to Wikipedia, tomato is otherwise known as the plant solanum lycopersicum. Yes you see something familiar. Solanum. Solanine. (yes let's be reminded of growth inhibitors) It goes on to say that "the fruit is rich in lycopene, which may result in essential health benefits". Having known that tomato causes disadvantages I chose not to read that sentence as utter rubbish.
So being the curious me I went on to find out what's lycopene and guess what I found.
"Lycopene is not an essential nutrient to humans, but it is commonly found in the diet, mainly from dishes prepared from tomatoes."
So much for bringing 'essential health benefits'. Tomatoes are just bad. Most types of tomatoes doesn't even taste good. If you beg to differ, go have a taste of tomato juice and tell me I'm wrong (and try hard to hide that constipated expression in the aftermath of drinking it).
Really. Plant or vegetable, it doesn't really matter because it's probably none. It's probably a monster. Not plant VS vegetable but plant VS monster.
Tomatoes are that badass. For one more evidence of why so, stare hard at the picture tagged to this post and you'll see why.

(Okay I think I'm going to be biased against tomatoes after today LOL. )

Yes so think twice before you consider tomato in your dishes again yah.

No comments: